fredag 10. april 2009

The Earth Spins Around and Around and Around...

Hello dear children.

It is currently 9:19 pm on the 11th of April. It's a Saturday. The noisy sounds of At the Drive-In contrasts well against the otherwise boring spring night.

It's dark outside, which is interesting, because I like the idea that on the other side of the earth, the sun is shining and people are out and about. Isn't that a weird fact? I mean really think it. Everything on earth is constantly spinning because the earth it's self is spinning. Why does it spin? I don't know. Don't you think that it should be important to learn why the earth spins? I was never taught this in school. I am happy that I am old enough not to freak out to realize this well known fact.

If i were 5 and actually thought about it, I'm not sure how I would react. I would probably wonder that if I walked straight forward at the speed that the earth spins for 24 hours, would i ever move? Unfortunately, i know this answer to this question.

The earth spins. All the time. Forever.
Wow.

Am I just easily impressed or fascinated by simple and childish thoughts? Probably.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar